Well, I did a bunch of odds and ends today, including running the main engine cable through the firewall. I’d been putting that task off, as I didn’t know how I was going to do it without making a huge hole. I stole an idea from Donald Schwanke, and drilled a 1″ hole, removed the cover from the ECU plug, and carefully shoved it through the hole. While it worked, I’m not sure I’d do it this way again. It pulled pretty hard on the wires connecting to the pins, much more so than I was happy with. But by the time I figured that out, I was half-way through. Figured I might as well go ahead and finish, rather than pull it back out. Clever as this is, I’d use a bigger hole if I had to do it again. Obviously, the holes in the pictures below need (and will receive) grommets. My grommets are somewhere in the bowels of UPS. Patience… I also mounted the main contactor and the shunt (though I forgot to take a photo of the shunt, and don’t feel like walking out to shop to do it right this second). I also drilled holes for the fuel pump block. Couldn’t figure out how I was going to get the holes in the right spot, and Dad had a great idea. I put the block on top of a scrap of cardboard and pushed. Made nice little indentations in the cardboard for each foot. I put the cardboard onto the floor of the plane and used a center punch to transfer each location onto aluminum. I didn’t drill the holes for the block with the regulator in it yet, ’cause I haven’t figured out how I’m going to mount it. Need standoffs of some kind. I’ll figure something out.